Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My Opinion #7-Tavern Rates + Tips

I feel like I've been pretty lucky in the tavern. I also think I figured out the trick to getting more four-star heroes, but by "trick" is unconfirmed and could potentially be risky. Anyways, I'm only missing the following four-stars at PL81:

TAVERN HEROES
Edward IV (looked through my heroes realized I don't have him)
Terim (I don't care, Terim sucks!)

QUEST HEROES
Merlin (not planning to spend money)
Uriah (not planning to spend money)
Cannon (almost there.... 250 more.....)

OTHER HEROES
Mary Read (not available lol)
Manto (not available lol)
The five new heroes in 1.9

My trick, just so all of you know, is firing as many unused heroes (except for four-stars) as possible. I had a large streak of four-stars (nearly one a day) at one point when I didn't believe in collecting three-stars. Then I tried collecting three-stars, and failed my streak (40 FAILS-IN A ROW!). I broke this failstreak with GDR, but continued to fail. I thought maybe the game had some beginner's luck idea implemented, where your rates were higher for lower PL people. But then, I don't know what made me do it, but I fired all my three-stars and my four-star rate immediately HYPERJUMPED to 1 in about 3 or 4. I got Nicolai, Edward, Jerome, Kelly and Alash in the same week. Ever since then I've made sure not to have too many three-stars, and I've been doing quite well. I find that saving up at least 3-4 gobletscrystal refreshes always lands me a four-star every time I try my luck. I saved up about 16 refreshes worth of goblets and crystals, and got Achilles, Saladin, Bellerophon, Ragnar, and Seamas (formerly Summers) in the same go. I know that might not be the best example, since Seamas is not a very good tank and Ragnar and Bellerophon are terrible, but still, they are four-stars, and the only four-star worth getting from the tavern for me is Edward IV. Of course, I'm still PVPing my way to Cannon.

Anyways, this was copied straight from the forums, but since it was copied from my own post no harm is done!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips Rich C. At this moment I have 38 4-stars heroes and I'm only missing seamas, Saladin, Merlin, Uriah( I'm not planning to spend money), Mary Read, Manto and Cannon (48 more). My tricks have been dissmising 3 three-stars heroes and refreshing seven normal refresh, then I do a gold refresh or goblet refresh.
    This way, I've got the majority of all my 4-stars heroes. I'm impatient for the 1.9 upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I'm really impatient to know how I can get Manto and Mary Read lol.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. i wouldn't underestimate terim . with the last update his dragon can hit 200% of hero stats....a very good dmg soaker that will regain max hp every 15 sec and a monstrous atk. i'm thinking to swap him in place of the 3 star musketeer now that he can hit only 15 targets at max.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I'd still rather use a 3-star archer.

      Delete