Thursday, November 5, 2015

Advanced Units #1-Infantry

greenlama recently gave me the idea to start this series. Remember, everyone, 90% of my content was suggested by someone, so please continue with suggestions and requests of what you want to see in the future!

I'll be comparing advanced units in this series. As there are two possible paths, sometimes it can be hard to choose.

There is the crusader, that works somewhat like a GDR troop, reflecting damage on enemies. The other possibility is the scutarii, which stuns quite often. Both are highly defensive types, but which one is best? For each hero, a different troop could be used to better effect, so I'll be directly comparing them for each infantry hero.

WILLIAM
William is a good damaging hero p, but unfortunately often dies too quickly. In this I'll say scutarii, to improve his defensive capability. I would use crusader occasionally, if I'm using him in a position to protect my archers in the top row of my 5+1 rally.

SEAMAS
I still need to experiment around here. Seamas could be very good with crusader (mini GDR) if the ability works for both his minions' lives. If it doesn't, I'd go for scutarii instead.

REINHARD
Definitely crusader. Reinhards troops die so often I feel it is better to allow them to damage Reinhard's attackers rather than use a potentially failing stun attack.

JOAN AND SALADIN
Scutarii. It increases the chance that one of these will be able to start dealing dangerous damage out.

HELMAR AND RAGNAR
These two die so quickly I think that crusader is the only option that would work. Suicide attackers...

OCTAVIUS
Octavius is meant to be a half-suicide frontline infantry so I would say crusader, but I still need to test him


However, remember this is just a general guide. There are situations where using one can still be better than the other even if I didn't write it here.

2 comments: